Away in a Manger
If any of you have read Eric's blog recently (E.T. Aventures link), he talked about the amazing Christmas dinner our branch had. He describes it wonderfully, but in short the chapel was made to look like old Bethlehem and we all had to dress the part. A generous woman in our branch let us borrow some great costumes for the kids. Unfortunately I was unable to get pictures of all of us, but I did manage to snap a few. Makenna was delighted to be an angel and during the dinner, while they were reading and acting out the story of Jesus' birth Makenna said, "Is it time for my part yet Mom?" How could I tell her that the part of the angel was actually being acted out by a tall older man? She however, was very understanding, just as any angel should be.

Grandpa looking quite divine in his shepherd's costume (choicely made by Grandma) and holding a . . . sheep? No, more like our other sweet angel!

This precious moment was captured when the evening was over and everyone had either gone home or were busy helping with the take down. I found the girls quietly caring for the sweet "baby Jesus" as they layed him in the manger.

Grandpa looking quite divine in his shepherd's costume (choicely made by Grandma) and holding a . . . sheep? No, more like our other sweet angel!

This precious moment was captured when the evening was over and everyone had either gone home or were busy helping with the take down. I found the girls quietly caring for the sweet "baby Jesus" as they layed him in the manger.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home